Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

BUS 105 IA4

Tyler Peyman
IA4
BUS105
April 24, 2018


I attended an internship mixer located in Laughlin Hall, and got to speak with many recruiters from different companies.  Companies I spoke with include City of Pittsburgh, Department of City Planning, Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse, Auberle and Allegheny Land Trust.  This was a great way to network and get that first foot in the door towards a career path and internships.  Also, I was able to receive business cards and follow up with certain people about that mixer.  This event helped me gain more confidence and more comfortable socializing with others about potential careers.  For the most part, the recruiters seemed very excited to talk to me about their company. 
By networking, I was able to follow up and connect with people on LinkedIn, allowing me to see their profile and connect even more.  Another thing I noticed at this event was that the recruiters would not come up to you, you had to come to them to learn more information about their company.  I thought that was a great way to get students to talk and socialize.
Overall, this was a great event to attend and has helped me network with companies I haven’t heard about and consider in the future.  Because of this, I will plan to attend more career events as it is beneficial information for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment